These links are all things I’ve collected, there’s a pretty mixed bunch. Have a look!
- Implementing Autosuggest in Elasticsearch
- All inclusive design - excluding no gender
- How you can make the gender question on an application form more inclusive
- Facebook multiplies genders but offers users the same three tired pronouns
- Doing Terrible Things To Your Code Falsehoods Programmers Believe About Gender
- A manifesto for data collection
- No Admins – Control over your own data
- Billing the gender fluid Cardinal – no forced values
- Fluid categories - define things by their attributes not their name
This week’s reading
Floridi, L., & Taddeo, M. (2016). What is data ethics? Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 374(2083).
Pick any article from the Council for Big Data, Ethics, and Society’s website to discuss in your lab book.